The Valley of the Deer. Sept 4, 2017

So, the reason I sent nothing last week was because it was transfer week and I kinda got transferred. I spent 7-1/2 months in Surprise and I'm going to miss it a lot. But I'm super excited to come to deer valley.

Before I left Surprise, something awesome that happened was that Elder Anderson came to visit the mission. It was super awesome! He came and talked to us about the scriptures and how we can be good missionaries. I got to shake his hand and it was the best day ever! Then I got transfer news a few days later haha!

So here in Deer valley I'm staying at my first apartment on my mission the whole 13 months I've been in AZ. Crazy right? But this complex has a super legit gym and free breakfast Mondays through Thursdays. This place rocks! There's also a ton of Asian pilots who live here at the complex who wear white shirts and ties so we get mistaken as pilots all the time.

My new companion is actually named Elder Taylor. So it's been weird to start hearing my first name again. He's a cool guy, I love him to death.

Something funny in this area is that there is a sweet lady who stays at a group home who calls us twice or so often everyday. She's very funny. Yesterday she asked if she could bake me a cherry pie for Christmas. I told her she was fine but that was very nice haha!

There's also this really old guy staying at one of our investigators house and every time he sees me he starts playing live like you were dying on his guitar. He's a cool guy.

Deuces!
Elder Gray

We found an Easter Island head!