"Prayer - Try Again." June 19, 2017

We had exchanges at the very beginning of the week. I was with Elder Taylor and we had an awesome day! In the middle of the hardest part of the day we were still knocking doors when we got a referral from Sister Anderson for his man and his family that she had met while taking her own family over. After going to his house I realized I'd actually knocked on his door before and he wasn't interested. But is time he was interested and he was ready, we taught the whole Restoration and he said when he finds out it's true that he's gonna get baptized.

The next day we had a service project for our ward mission leader's neighbors. He's a super cool, totally Christian, all around super nice, soft spoken guy. Nicest man I've ever met. We fixed up his whole backyard and then we taught him about the Book of Mormon. We're going back and he'll eventually get there.

Then Elder Towle finally got to meet this Frank guy I kept talking about. We brought Andrew who was baptized in cali before moving here and was seriously the best guy to bring to the lesson. A lot of Frank's concerns were Andrew's concerns before he got baptized. Frank now has more hope he can make it and we set a firm baptismal date with him.

District Meeting was cool, it's an odd district cuz there's two elders, two sisters, and two old missionaries, as in a senior couple. It's so much fun. Sister Thiriot gave a bomb discussion on finding investigators. Last week when we went over goals we set a new investigator goal of 6 and if we hit that we'd go get frozen yogurt as a district. We had 5 new investigators. But because of what happens on Friday the meeting was Thursday so we were given just a few extra hours until Friday morning hit our goal. This is what happened.

Before the night started to finish up we decided to visit a referral from one of the bishops, they haven't ever been home around the time that we went over but we felt good about it so we knocked on their door. Well we taught The Restoration to them. Her name is Deseree and his name is Drew, they were a super cool family with the nicest kids ever. We totally hit our goal for new investigators and we were glad we did because it's been an awesome opportunity to meet Drew and Deseree.

Now what happened on Friday was probably the highlight of my week. (Other than finally getting to teach people again). We had a going away mission party with the whole mission for President and Sister Griffin. I got to meet a lot of people I haven't met before and I got to see a lot of old friends and meet new friends as well. We played some ultimate frisbee, spikeball, cards, and I got to hang out with some of my favorite people here in AZ. Super fun time.

The last thing I wanted to share with you guys is something I learned from a talk that Sister Thiriot referred me to. It's from the June 1981 Ensign, titled "Prayer - Try Again." There's a lot of super cool and amazing principles in it so I don't want to spoil all of it but I'd like to share one thing I learned as I storied it. Sometimes when we pray we don't get an answer, but God answers all of our prayers. Why is this? Well God has listened to and answered you every time you pray. What happens is that sometimes we haven't prepared ourselves to be smelt over to the spirit enough to hear it. We build this wall that his answer can't pass through. There's a lot more about it and how we can make our prayers more meaningful and I invite all of you to read it. I promise you'll understand something about why or how we pray that can help you get an answer to your prayers.

Love Elder Gray

Pictures:
1) me and Elder Taylor answering questions at a park
2) elder Towle and I answering questions at a park
3) my district, I finally feel tall again
4) the whole mission
5) the truth