Don’t look at the picture until you read the email. March 27, 2018

News everyone, ima getting transferred again. I’m going to be in Phoenix North, I’m getting Elder Belnap. I’m super exited and super bummed at the same time. I’m going to miss Williams so much. It’s an amazing place! Hope all you guys love where you’re at like I loved Williams, because that means you love where you are.

Not much to report. We went to the temple this week, today actually. Phoenix temple is an amazing place. The spirit is strong there. Invitation: go to the temple. If you can’t, start taking those steps towards the ability. It could take time, it will be one step at a time, but it’s worth it.

So this week in district meeting we open with normal opening stuff and I randomly get a thought to check the agenda on messenger. To my surprise I was on the menu. My sunrise quickly left when I remembered that district leader had given me the assignment this last Sunday. I totally could not remember my discussion topic. I tried mouthing the words “what’s my discussion?” To district leader but as it turns out I’m bad at mouthing words and he’s bad at reading lips. He turns the time over to me. I’m thinking “oh crap! I’m a dead man!” This is how I open:

“Ok, so I’m going to ask a secret question to someone here over Facebook messenger. I need that person to send me their response before we start the discussion.” I’m pulling up Facebook messenger as quickly as is humanly possible. “Elder Stewart!” (District leader) “I’ll send it to you.” Stalling for more time I start saying:

“So at some point in the middle of the discussion I’ll have Elder Stewart share his answer with the group. Then we’ll do a role play and compare what we’ve learned.” District leader sends the message after this and I start what may be the best discussion I have given in my entire mission. Then I have Elder Stewart “share” his answer by asking “Elder Stewart, what was the answer to the question (insert an actual question about the subject, NOT what I asked on messenger). To which district leader gives a good response.

Everything went perfectly. Now look at the picture. My discussion started at 1:11.