Saguaros don't really grow here in the city. May 22, 2017

So the week started out fun. We had exchanges and since we're in a trio Elder Phipps just left and it was just me and Hulett. He says my driving scares him but I was fine. We did a lot of finding during the day. We also later in the afternoon had a lesson with Carlos, he's the ward mission leaders good friend from work. Carlos meets with a lot of missionaries. He visits us at the Grovers house, the Tempe missionaries at work, and the Mesa missionaries at his home. He's really hungry for the gospel and his heart is prepared to hear it. Carlos is a cool guy.

We also had lunch this week with the Chowdhurys. We helped them with painting so Sister Chowdhury and Noah took us to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants here in Surprise. They're moving out soon and I'll miss them a ton.

So the 2nd ward Youth had a fun idea for the missionaries this week. For the mutual activity, we were part of a panel of two return missionaries and us three current missionaries and the youth asked us questions of mission and mission preparation. If I can say anything about missionary preparation it's Preach My Gospel. It may not make sense at first when you read it but I promise it gets easier. Keep going!

District Meeting was awesome this week. Sister Moss who's going home soon, her time is up, gave a bomb discussion of family history. She said it was awesome that she was picked on to give the discussion because she didn't really like family history at first but now knows that it's awesome. Anyone who's reading this can do family history. Just set it up and read about your ancestors. Find out who they are. It's an adventure and it's missionary work.

We also finally met with the Fata family! We hadn't seen them in such a long time. We had a lesson with them and they're super cool. I'll keep you updated on them. And Michelle, who's our other investigator. She has a cool story and seems really open to hearing what we have to say. Out other investigator is a young kid named DeAnthony. He's a cool guy. He can't get baptized because his mom doesn't like the church but she's still open to us teaching him. So we're helping him understand the gospel, so hopefully one day he'll be able to take that first step.

President Griffin is getting close to being done. I'll miss my mission president. He's awesome. But President Collins will be cool too. When President Griffin leaves I'll have been in Surprise for almost five months. I'm starting to miss seeing Saguaros, they don't really grow here in the city.

I hope you all have an awesome week!
Love Elder Gray

Pictures

1and2) my awesome district
3)us with Noah