The week before Christmas, Pres Griffon gave to me...December 19, 2016

So the week started out with introducing Elder Hilton to the ward. We got lost. More than a few times. I'm so directionally challenged. Scout camp is coming back to haunt me. I signed up for the
Orienteering class but got totally lost on the way there and now I've just never learned directions. That time to learn is now. And it needs to happen fast. And yes I do have a gps but the gps has no idea what roads I'm driving on. We do work out in an area called Tonapah which means unmarked random dirt roads. Yay!


So way out here in the desert the dirt apparently can be pretty sandy and soft. Our truck which tries so hard to be a real truck but is just a Nissan Frontier got super stuck. The wheels were just digging themselves deeper. So we had to call a member with a real truck and he pulled us out of the ditch.


We also had both ward Christmas parties. For the Skyline Ward we had a dinner and the primary put on a cool program. We spent most of the party introducing ourselves so that the members could meet Elder Hilton and there was a lot of small talk. I'm still learning how to small talk and it's way more exhausting than I thought it would be.


The Palo Verde Ward had a cowboy style Christmas party. We went out to a ranch. A member of the ward has a cooking pit and so we had pitted pigs. We got to help pull it all apart for pulled pork sandwiches. They were so good! There was so much left over that we got just a cut of meat that we hadn't even pulled yet because there was so much pork left over.


This week has been interesting. Getting lost a lot. Reading maps. Eating pork. And driving a lot.