Great families in Buckeye! January 9, 2017

So why I decided to go on a mission is a fun story. I just knew I should but then everyone started asking me that question. "Why are you going?" So I found an answer that I could tell everyone "so that others have the same opportunities I do." Which was true.

But in the MTC I met a girl named Candace who I had the opportunity to teach a little bit. She told me she prayed and God didn't answer her prayers. She came to a conclusion that either God isn't real or God doesn't love her and he picks and chooses who he loves. Either way I had no idea what to say.

And Candace was just a teacher, role playing, but I was scared if someone in Arizona asked me that I wouldn't know what to say. I was scared I wouldn't be able to help them. And that's when I realized why I was going. Some people in this world do not know that Heavenly Father loves them.

And I don't like that.


That's a clip from another email and it was so good that I wanted to share it again!


This week was great. I had an exchange with Elder Crook from the MTC and we spent a day trying to find people who wanted to hear us out. Not many people did except for one person who we are actually planning on visiting tomorrow. So remind me and I'll let you know how it goes. They're a family with a 16-year-old boy who's never been baptized but his mom has.

We also ate dinner with the McWilliams family and they're my favorite. They were baptized a year and a half ago and they're super cool. They also cool really well so I'm excited to eat there again at the end of the month.

The Woods family are also doing well. We met with them again and they decided to start reading the Book of Mormon as a family every night. They're super nice and cool. They're ranchers from Idaho. We also got to help them paint some of the poles for their roping arena.