My pen is now in Dewey, Arizona. September 19, 2016

So I had a pen that I had since the beginning of the MTC. It was seriously my favorite pen. In the MTC we were having a discussion on stress when the teacher asked "what makes you stressed?" and I said, "when I don't have a pen here." It was funny but for the last two months I've had this pen and poured into my journal with it every night, taken notes, study journal, everything. I loved this pen. I planned on just buying copies of it so I could refill it up because I never wanted to use any other pen ever again. So we went to help someone move out and I thought well I love this pen, I guess I'll bring it with. My pen is now in Dewey, Arizona. Yes I lost this pen, and I know it's dumb but I felt really bummed out for losing my favorite pen. It's not the same to write in ink anymore.

 Other than that I've been being more worried lately and I was having a hard time sleeping because I wake up in the middle of the night, sitting cross-legged in my bed thinking about everything I have to worry about. Until I completely wake up I think 'I have to finish this before I go to bed' and I just keep thinking about it. So we have a book called 'Adjusting to Missionary Life' which is an inspired book I'm sure and it's helped. Not necessarily in the book but it helped me put together a program where I write down some things I'm worried about and I stick them in an envelope the hour before I go to bed and then I just don't think about it. I take that time to unwind and relax. This is after daily planning of course but it's really been helping me.

I also got to go on exchanges this week. I went with Elder Miller, one of the Spanish elders. This meant all the lessons that day were in Spanish. You'd think I'd be really confused the whole time, but if the Spirit needs you to know Spanish and speak Spanish, well you know Spanish and you can speak Spanish. It's the weirdest feeling. Although it wasn't like I could just fluently understand, but the few years in high school I completely forgot about started coming back throughout the day, I could put input into a lesson, read from the scriptures and understand where a lesson was going. It was really cool to be a part of.

We gave a tour of the church to an investigator a few nights ago, and it was fun. We were looking at the classrooms and the paintings and then we went to the chapel to see all of the pews. We opened the door and I just felt a wave. It was just wow! The chapel is a sacred place. I felt a spirit in there that I know I've felt before, always in times of great importance in my life. I have never realized how much importance is in what we do every Sunday. If anyone is reading this, make an effort to go to one of those churches, with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, this Sunday and try to feel a feeling that I know if you let it in, will make you feel peaceful and quiet and happy.

I like p-day, it's a good refresher. I like that we still get to work through at the end, I think if we didn't do anything on p-day or if there wasn't that time deadline it'd make me less effective the rest of the week instead of more effective.
I really like it here on a mission, I feel like I feel more comfortable in my own skin, like I know who I am more. I didn't even realize how little I knew myself until I forgot myself in the service of others. Weird really, I forgot myself so I could really know who I was.

Now I'd like to share my testimony, but in Spanish. (Not google translated, this is my knowledge of grammer and sentence structure)
Y aquí es mi testimonio en español:
Yo no entiendo español mucho, pero yo soy un missionario porque yo sé
que el Libro de Mormon es de dios y yo sé que José Smith fue un
profeta y porque de José Smith tienamos un restauración de evangelio

de Jesucristo.






So that's our fridge. It makes noises till you hit it.