A Sirloin Steak as Big as my Face. September 5, 2016

I got to go to the temple this week with my mission president. And I don't have that much time this week to tell you all the amazing things I feel about the temple. Something happened to my email and a lot of the things I was ready to send today got deleted. So to those of you who sent me something and I didn't respond I'm sorry, I still love you and actually wrote back, you just wouldn't know. By the time I could get to where I can now send this email, I don't have a lot of time because I have to get back to work soon. There are people that need to know that God loves them and has restored his church on the Earth today so that they can live with him again. So I will only tell you about the temple today that all people should make the temple a priority and that is really is a place of peace, clarity, and refuge.

This week has been amazing. I believe Cottonwood is the world's best-kept secret. It really is a great place to be and I'm thankful that I have to opportunity to be involved in such a great work in a place as great as this.

I ate a sirloin steak as big as my face this week with a side of a mountain of mashed potatoes, and homemade bread. I also ate more toast than I thought could be toasted in one week. And bought (mom, I don't know how much is in those little cartons next to the gallons of milk cartons) of chocolate milk last Monday and "accidentally" ran out on Wednesday.

I also want to talk about trials and what they really are. I could go on for a while about this but I'm going to follow the example of the man who fed me steak and just get to the meat. Bad things happen to good people so that good people aren't weak. God loves us so much that he wants to learn. So he allows us to learn what bad is because without bad there would be no good. If you were never sad how would you ever know you were happy. That's why God lets bad things happen to good people. Because we all came to this Earth to learn and to grow.