Crazy Monsoon Season. August 29, 2016

So the baptism went great. I actually got to be a witness! There haven't been any dust storms, but there's been a lot of rain and crazy thunder. This week has been really really busy. We had a lot of potential investigators and so we had a lot of new investigators so we were teaching a lot of lessons. I've been meeting a lot of new people in the ward now and I'm starting to learn names and faces. It's still hard though because there are so many new people. A few nights ago I didn't sleep at all because there was roaring thunder all night long. It was crazy. It even hailed a little bit one day. I'm starting to think people lied about az being hot and dry because it's been cold and wet. People tell me I came during a really crazy monsoon season. The ward members here are amazing. A different member feeds us each night and so far I've loved every meal.

And today is p day. We heard there was this creek and we wanted to see it. I took some pictures it was really cool and then we saw this grasshopper and wanted to see if a fish would eat it. So we threw it in the creek and it starts swimming back. So I get a stick and try to sway it further into the water and I totally slip. I had mud all over and I then I fell in. Then after I changed we went to see tuzigoot. It was cool.

So I also wanted to talk about something mission related. I was reading in Preach my Gospel in the finding people chapter and one of the topics is having faith that Heavenly Father is preparing hearts to hear the word of God. And it's true. There are people everywhere that are willing to hear about Jesus Christ and how through his restored gospel we can have the truest joy that God has to offer. So the people that know the truth now have the duty, obligation, and commandment to find these lost sheep and bring them to the fold of God. You don't have to be on a mission to do missionary work, in fact, actual full-time missionaries will be so much more effective if they could have the opportunity to have the members doing missionary work with them. When missionaries and ward members become one in purpose not only does that lead to more baptism into Christ's church but also retention of these members and a deepening conversion in everyone that is involved in this great work.

Our Heavenly Father loves each of his children more than we can comprehend and His son Jesus Christ has in actuality lived on this Earth and died preparing the way, which is His Gospel so that we may have eternal life. And He lives again today.