1 Nephi 21:14-16. October 3, 2016

It's been awesome! The week really started out with transfers. My district leader went down to Peoria, and his companion became the new district leader, the. Someone from Peoria came up here. He's pretty cool, he actually knows some people from our neighborhood. Also for transfers, I was told its a time for change so I cleaned up my closet which has two super annoying sliding doors that rub funny on the tracks so they're hard to move. They're big mirrors too. So my comp and I wanted a mirror in our room so now those doors are in the room.

We helped a nonmember move out but she didn't want her fans anymore, like air fans. So she gave them to us for our hard work and it's so nice to have a fan I hear. It hasn't actually been hot, but now when it is I have my own fan.

There's a young girl and I don't know how to say much about her but she's had a really hard time and we've been teaching her and shes been coming to primary. The second week she was at church it was the primary program. We knew she was coming but we couldn't find her but that's because she actually sang in the program. She had her own part too that she wrote. She talked about how the Book of Mormon is giving her hope. It was super cool.

Sorry I didn't share any funny stories yet. Well one is that we had a dinner appt. one day and so I called them and asked if we were meeting and I called someone else with the wrong last name who was super sick and so she said that today wouldn't work. I said ok. So later, because it was the wrong person, we get a call from our real dinner appt. and they say "hey why aren't you here?" My comp is on the phone just eyeing me down. "We must've called the wrong person" he said. "Well just for kicks and giggles what did you guys make for us because we might miss it?"  We were super late at this point. They tell us they made homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes, croissants, and German apple cake. My comp just died because she loves fried chicken and we never get fried
chicken. "We will be there in ten minutes." Haha. So we ate super fast, said then still made it on time to our lesson.

We had a district meeting and I got to teach my first discussion to other missionaries. So there was something cool I saw while I was preparing for this. It was on personal revelation. The Lord, as we
follow spiritual prompting from the Holy Ghost, trusts us to continue showing our appreciation for this gift we received after baptism. If we actually follow the Holy Ghost, He trusts us to follow it continually and blesses us with added direction, purpose, and knowledge. But if we continually do not follow the Holy Ghost then Heavenly Father will not trust us with more revelation or the ability to gain further knowledge because He doesn't trust that we will pay attention. Of course He knows if we are going to pay attention, He knows our hearts. But He wants us to show faith. This is also why we need to pray. Heavenly Father knows what we want and what we need but he will give it to us only if we ask because that shows him we believe that He will.

I did struggle more this week than I have most other weeks. And how weird is that that I improved this week the most too. Oh what a weird coincidence. I don't know if you can read my sarcasm but honestly some people think that when bad things happen to them it's because God is upset with them or doesn't love them or forgot that they're going through hard times. But struggle is meant to be a part of our lives because it's how we learn, grow, and progress. If our life was completely perfect we would not know what happiness was. We couldn't comprehend it because we would have never been sad. Challenges happen because God loves you and remembers you, so stop telling God that he's awful because he forgot about you. 1 Nephi 21:14-16. God won't forget you.

But anyways, I've had a hard time with feeling like I was inadequate to teach people and I just had the biggest worry that because I am not a good teacher sometimes I was now an impediment to the exaltation of a child of God. And that was a heavy load for me. My trainer helped me though. As long as I do my best no matter what I am pleasing Heavenly Father. Because if I am doing my best it means I'm really trying to learn how to text and he'll help me get that down but also he isn't going to let my mistakes take away from the opportunities of another. He still has his agency just as if I had taught perfectly. We will all have our opportunity.

Yesterday I entertained rowdy children with the coolest magic trick ever! I had a kid completely convinced that if you blow on a tie it will collapse. And if you clap that it comes back to life. When he left I stopped but other kids were so rowdy that I didn't notice that he had grabbed my tie and was blowing on it so hard because it wouldn't fall over. He was so confused and when I noticed I could see that the magic in his eye was leaving. Like a kid having Disneyland characters ruined for him. So I grabbed my tie and said "oh no don't worry. It's broken but I'll fix it" and I blew a raspberry and then blew on it and I just did the trick again and then he was so happy:)